Buying shoes is an investment in foot health, and rightly so. Wearing uncomfortable shoes not only causes damage and pain but also puts you at risk of fall accidents. As shoes are known to complete the overall look - either formal or casual attire - finding an elegant pair that fits properly and gives adequate support is crucial.
In today’s culture, most people prefer to shop in the comfort of their homes. If you, too, are one of them, how would you find the right fit for yourself? It’s simple - start with your own closet and look at what’s already there. If that doesn’t help, stand barefoot on a piece of paper and trace the shape to get the better picture of each foot.
Take note if your big toes are too big or your feet appear to be wide before you begin your hunt. Besides, follow these tips that we have shared with you:
- Wait until the afternoon to try your newly-delivered shoes. Feet naturally expand during the day and even swell in hot weather.
- Stand in the shoes to ensure at least a half-inch of space is between your big toe and its end.
- Walk around to determine how they feel. Do your shoes pinch or slip off? Though shoes stretch over time, the case isn’t always true. Therefore, settle for the pair the gives you comfort fit from the start.
- Instead of following the shoe’s description, trust your own comfort level and feel. The same pair of shoes that feel comfortable to a person may not feel good to another one. You’re the real judge to tell if those pairs are right for you or not.
- Feel the inside of your shoes. Are there any seams, tags, or anything else that irritates your feel? If there are, check if you can get rid of them without damaging the shoes; otherwise, they may cause blisters.
- The soles determine the quality of shoes. Turn over your shoes to check if they are sturdy enough to keep your feet protected from sharp objects. Do remember to notice the cushioning by walking on hard surfaces.
Whether you need an elegant pair of shoes for formal events, a stylish pair for informal occasions, or breathable steel toe shoes for outdoor workout sessions, explores our selection of men’s footwear to find shoes and boots that match your style.